Monday, June 16, 2008

Off to a good start

That's my son pitching in the first baseball game of the season this evening. He barely ate anything at dinner before we left for the game, and I worried he was coming down with something, until it dawned on me that he was nervous. He was a bit sheepish about being nervous. I don't think he's ever been nervous before a game before.

He did well and his team won, so we're all happy we're off to a good start. My son pitched two innings and faced 7 batters, walking one and striking out the rest. Last season he also started out strong with his pitching, but as the games went on the hitting improved, so we'll see what happens this year. Last year he had been doing really well until my mom came to a game, and in that game my son walked so many batters that they ended up calling the mercy rule to end the inning. Sheesh. But we won't talk about that now!

In some sewing news, I made this little tag blanket for some friends who are expecting a baby in a few weeks. I sewed two 12-inch squares of polar fleece together with little ribbon tags sticking out for the baby to grab onto and chew. I have had to hide it from the cats because they were showing far too much interest in it.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oooh, you inspired me with that cute tag blanket - I have friends expecting their first baby next week. But I don't know if I have a decent piece of fleece left in the house, the guys have been cutting them up to make pillows...

Congrats to the pitcher and his team! Z is playing coach pitch, but they haven't had their first game yet.