Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yumminess on a Stick

Because it's going to be 90 degrees here tomorrow, and because I had bananas at the perfect moment of ripeness, and because when I opened my kitchen drawer I saw, without having to dig around, a package of wooden popsicle sticks, I decided to make frozen chocolate-covered bananas. Here they are, ready for the freezer. They look exactly the same once they are frozen, so I figured a before shot would work just as well as an after shot!

Frozen Chocolate Bananas

2 bananas
8 oz semisweet chocolate
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
4 popsicle sticks

In a small bowl or pan, melt the chocolate. Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick lengthwise into the cut end of each banana.

Roll the bananas one at a time in the melted chocolate, then roll in the shredded coconut. Place on waxed paper. Freeze at least 2 hours. Makes 4.

It's been awhile since I made these, and honestly I can't remember if anyone in my family objects to the coconut. Oh, well. If anyone complains about the coconut, I'll just have to eat his/her dessert myself!

1 comment:

jtibbetts001 said...

Mmmm...Madison has been begging me to make chocolate covered bananas lately. After seeing your pics, we may have to try it!