Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Acorn Fairy Quilt

Another little break from the ABCs theme of September to show off another finished project! I am so happy I got this done.This is a little quilt I made using The Acorn Fairy stitchette pattern by Wee Wonderfuls. I absolutely adore this design. I love the fairy, I love the woodland setting, I love the autumn theme, I love the sweet little animals, and holy cow do I love that little acorn teapot!





This was too much fun to stitch. Not only do I love the embroidery designs, but I also found the perfect fat quarter bundle of harvest fabrics to make it all into a quilt. I always get psyched when I find a bundle of cute coordinating fat quarters. It makes the fabric shopping go so much quicker. Some of the chain fabric stores are an exercise in patience. I hate how you have to wait in line twice, once to get fabric cut and once to check out. Sometimes it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I always find myself wanting to scream. So when I walk in to the store and see the perfect bundle of cute fabrics already cut and ready to go, I want to do the Snoopy dance right then and there!
When I bought the fabric, I envisioned using the colorful leaf print to build the blocks, but it was too busy, and the embroidery got lost in the profusion of color, so I ended up using the muted ears-of-corn print instead. The green fabric features soft maple leaves. I wish they were oak leaves, but what can you do? At least the color works well. The busy leaf print makes a nice binding, pulling all the colors of the embroidery and the fabric together.
Now I just have to figure out where to hang it so we can all enjoy.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I LOVE it. CUUUUUUUTE.

millie said...

You did a great job. I hope you flickr posted it so Hillary can see it. It's really neat!

Leila said...

How utterly sweet. Beautiful project!

besomom said...

Thanks! I did put the photos in the Wee Wonderfuls flickr group.

Anonymous said...

My daughter loved it, as you might guess she would! I think my favorite part is the acorn teapot.

Tina

wife2abadge said...

Darling!