From the front. I do wish it closed a little bit more in front.
And from the back. I like the length! (Pardon the cluttered background in the photos. This is the best I could do when my photographer wasn't very enthusiastic in the first place, and for some reason I cannot crop the photo.)
I used the same yarn specified in the pattern, only in white instead of red. When I began, the first couple of rows went fine, then suddenly things stopped making sense. Since I am not a very confident crocheter, I assumed it was my error, so I frogged and started over. Nope, same problem. Fortunately, before I became too frustrated, I thought to check online for errata, and lo and behold, the pattern had not been printed in the book correctly. Corrections here. Then the front shaping got a little confusing, so back to the computer to find clarification here. Whew! That got me through it. I found the ending instructions for the last three rows of the sleeves a little bit muddy, too, but decided to wing it. I have no idea if my sleeves are correct, but they look fine, and the tricky area is under the arm anyway, so hopefully well hidden. If any other Stitch 'n' Bitch fans see me out and about wearing my (long) Short 'n' Sweet bolero, they shouldn't have any reason to point and laugh.