Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recuperating with a WIP

Thanks for all your well-wishes on my previous post. My surgery went well, and I am recovering at home. I've been so tired! I try to move around every day, just walking around the house, and doing light household things, but I've also done a lot of napping and sitting. I've been watching seasons 2 and 3 of The Gilmore Girls in marathon stretches, and totally not getting sick of it, while I stitch away on this cross stitch project, Strawberry Garden, by Blackbird Designs. Yes, it's another ABC sampler, but I love it. The stems get filled in with a TON of lazy daisy stitches, which has me worried because my lazy daisies leave a lot to be desired, but hopefully after the hundreds I'll have to put into this design, I will finally master that stitch.

Dreary weather here today, so the photos turned out gloomy. The colors are really much more beautiful in person. I have a coupon for 55% off custom framing that expires on March 3, so my goal is to get this done before then. I know just where I want to hang it!




I actually despise crows in real life, but I don't mind them in cross stitch.

1 comment:

bookwormbethie said...

i'm glad you are back home recouperating. the stitching looks lovely so far. hope you have a nice relaxing weekend