Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello Again

Whew, time to dust the cobwebs off the old blog, here! Life threw me a couple of curve balls in the middle of the month, and I had to spend a lot of time doing things that were not very blogworthy. Trust me, you do not want to know details!

We have managed to squeeze in some fun, though. Last week the children and I visited my parents. We go at least once a summer. This year's visit was similar to last year's, except Henry met a sad demise a few months ago, so no Henry this time.

We did go to the zoo one day. This is the same zoo I went to as a child. It's not very expensive and not very big, which is just the way I like it. Tigers are my son's favorite animal. He was happy to get this close, although the look on the tiger's face had me a little bit worried.

The wallabies were exceptionally cute!





And for the truly exotic animal viewing experience....





The zoo features a zip line and a sky trail. Both of my kids rode the zip line, 4 stories over the zoo. I stood near the starting platform and watched them step off, but they were quickly lost from my sight among the trees, so unfortunately I have no photos. My mom and sister had a good view from below, and cheered as the kids zipped over their heads.
My son and my nephew braved the sky trail, which is a rope navigation system 4 stories above the ground. My jelly legs would never hold me up on something like this!






My daughter didn't feel quite up to the sky trail, but she has been busy developing other talents!!








1 comment:

Michele T. said...

LOL, now if that isn't multi-talented I don't know what is!