Friday, September 4, 2009

In which I rediscover the needlewoman in me

I haven't completed a needlework project in three months. How did that happen? Oh, wait, I know. It's because I was bit by the cross stitch bug. Cross stitch really is my favorite stitchy pastime, but projects can take me quite some time, so it doesn't make for a frequently updated blog.

I've been working on this piece all summer. It's "The Christmas Elf Fairy" from Mirabilia. I love her boots and her little sparkly tree. I plan to take her for framing this weekend. My 55% off coupon expires on Tuesday!
Speaking of Christmas, it's time to think about handmade gifts already. I have a few ideas in mind. Once we are settled back into the school routine, I will hopefully have some time to really dig in. The way the schedule is looking, though, with PTO meetings, curriculum nights, back-to-school picnics, and all that kind of stuff, it will be almost October before I will be able to catch my breath!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

What a beautiful x-stitch!

I miss x-stitching, but I don't have the vision for it anymore, nor the patience ;-). However, if I thought my eyes could pull it off still, I'd be on this pattern like white on rice.