Monday, October 5, 2009

12 hours

My children had a 12-hour karate seminar on Saturday, from 7:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m. My husband and I did not have to stay with them, so we had a "free" day. We puttered around the house, went out for lunch, and ran some errands. While we were out, I bought the children a little treat. Aren't these cute? And so yummy, too. I am a sucker for ordinary treats being dolled up for a holiday. I managed to leave the packages unopened until the children got home. Just barely.



My children were required to attend the karate seminar as part of their training for black belt. My daughter is a first degree black belt candidate, and my son is a second degree black belt candidate. They've been in extra training for the past few months, and if they fulfill all the requirements and pass their tests, they will be promoted in November.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

How exciting for your kids! (and you and your hubby too, I bet).

The truffles are cute! You know, I can avoid most candy, especially the chocolate stuff because I don't care much for chocolate (gasp!) . . . but when the dark chocolate oranges show up at Target during the holidays, I'm totally a sucker for those!! If you haven't seen them, it's chocolate that's made to look like an orange and the pieces break off like segments of an orange, and they have an orange flavor to them . . . mmmmm!!

besomom said...

Oh, I love those dark chocolate oranges. Yum.

I never liked chocolate until I gave birth. Shortly after my son was born, I started craving chocolate. I must have lost some minerals or nutrients with the pregnancy and breastfeeding. My daughter loves chocolate and prefers dark to milk chocolate, which I find so bizarre for a child.

millie said...

You took some great pictures of those chocolates. We have a Lindt store in our town and they give out free samples - EVERY day. I have to pinch myself not to go in there every time I walk by (it's right near the post office). I'm like you; I'm a sucker for holiday packaging, especially when it's delicious stuff inside anyway!

Have you been to the Loobylu blog? She has started doing a What's Hot and What's Not post each week. I can't remember which day she does it, but that might be something easy to do to keep you blogging another day. Some days she has more things under the "hot" column and some days it's the other way around. I think it's like that for most of us!