Friday, December 18, 2009

Favorite Things Friday #5: Easy Treats

Holiday Pretzel Treats, from my favorite source, Family Fun. Easy to make, even easier to eat. I love that you can make as few or as many as you want, although when it comes to these, more is always better!
Spritz cookies. You do need a cookie press to make them, but it's so much easier than rolling and cutting dough. My mom always made these when I was little, and my dad, without fail, would walk through the kitchen and say "Ready. Aim. Cookie!" He's one of those dads.


I don't do complicated recipes this time of year. Too many other things to do. My baking has to be quick. Most cookies are in bar form. I will be making layered mint brownies this weekend, also from Family Fun. I love those because even though they look really complicated, they are easy to make, and soooo good.
edited to add: If I am reading things correctly, this is my 200th post!

2 comments:

The Garden Bell said...

These are all lovely, but I'll be back for sure for those mint brownies....

Glenda said...

I've added the Pretzel Treats to my list of desserts for Christmas Eve; thanks for sharing that link.

I've never made spritz cookies, but I hate making cut-out cookies so spritz cookies might be an option for next year!

Mmmmmm, mint + chocolate . . .