Sunday, December 20, 2009

We can always buy the hot fudge sauce

My Christmas to-do list is getting shorter, not because I am accomplishing the tasks, but because I am surrendering. I had a revelation yesterday when I was talking to my sister-in-law about dessert for Christmas Day. I told her I had peppermint stick ice cream, and if I had time, I'd make some hot fudge sauce, otherwise we'd have the ice cream without hot fudge sauce. She said, "Well, we can always buy the hot fudge sauce." It was a slap-forehead moment for me. Of course we can buy the hot fudge sauce.

It's time to cross everything off the list and just enjoy.

Happy Holidays! And thanks for reading and commenting. I really do appreciate it.

(Photo is of a photo ornament of my daughter when she was 3, wearing her favorite pink kitty dress.)



2 comments:

Glenda said...

She's a doll :).

Since so many people in my extended family don't like sweet potatoes (blasphemy!), I've decided to make au gratin potatoes instead and I'm going to use the boxed mix to make them. Not my usual M.O., but everything else I'm making will be from scratch, so I'll compromise on the taters!

Tricia said...

Surrendering is great, isn't it? A few years ago one of the S97 moms (probably Ruth Ann) mentioned that she asked her kids what was the most important thing to do to celebrate the season, and then that was what she focused on. I've been trying to have a similar attitude since then - relaxing instead of stressing out over things that might not rate high in the grand scheme. It's hard to stick to, but it's a good goal.