Friday, March 5, 2010

We've got pictures

I think I'm back in business! I have a backlog of photos to share, so we'll see how many I get through in the next few days.

I have been really pleased with my little corner of spring in my dining room. The above photo was taken after Valentine's Day, when the tulips were blooming, the bouquet was fresh, the wheat grass was thin, and the hyacinth was just a promise.
Now the tulips are gone, the wheat grass is lush, the hyacinth is inching past prime, and the bouquet needs to be tossed. I have put away the valentine's things and am thinking about getting out the Easter decorations, even though it feels too soon. This bunny was easily accessible, so I put him out already. I bought him in a boutique a couple years ago when I was learning to crochet. I thought that I could use him as a model to develop my own bunny amigurumi pattern, but as it turns out, I'm content just to look at him.
I thought the tulips looked cool as they opened wider and wider. The tulips in my yard never get to this point because the squirrels behead them pretty much the moment they pop up. This is me. I have had my hair trimmed since I took this photo, so I'm looking a little more kempt these days. I recently hung this mirror by my back door. It's nice to be able to do one last quick check before heading out the door.

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Hooray! Welcome back!

wife2abadge said...

OH, those tulips make me loooong for spring!

Glenda said...

Yay, pictures :).

Holy smoke, that tulip is gorgeous!! and the bunny is verra cute.

And, hey, it's a picture of you! Nice to see you :).