Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Party Porcupine Pillow

My daughter was invited to a friend's birthday party, and she really wanted to make an embroidered rendering of this friend's signature doodle, the Party Porcupine. It took a few days to secure a doodle, then a few more days for me to transfer it to fabric for her, then another few days for my daughter to find time to do the crayon tinting and embroidering (I did the french knots in the party hat for her), then thirty minutes of her rejecting most of the fabric in my stash, until we finally unearthed the gum-drop fabric which was declared perfect, then a late-night, last-minute session with me at the sewing machine, but we managed to complete the pillow on time!

5 comments:

Glenda said...

That is SO stinkin' cute, Tracy!! Your daughter did a great job color-tinting and stitching, and the gumdrop fabric is perfect. What a sweet birthday gift =).

KarenV said...

That's great! What a cute gift :)

nwhiker said...

That is so cute. You're just awesome!

besomom said...

Thanks, everyone. My daughter was pleased to read your comments! Her friend (and her friend's mom) really liked the pillow.

Tricia said...

Late minute last night - that sounds like a project I would do! :^o

Very very cute - and what a perfect present! I agree with your daughter, that fabric *is* perfect. And her stitching is lovely