Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Into 2011



Last year I started a 365 project, to post one photo a day on Flickr. I made it to 100, and then I didn't take a picture for weeks! I am not going to attempt a 365 project again, but I did give myself a new project to photograph my yard on the first day of each month this year. I am interested to chronicle how things change from one month to the next.


Our yard is pretty tiny. We don't have sweeping views or rolling terrain. We do have quite a few flower beds packed into it, though. I took these photos on January 1. All of the snow had melted the day before when we had a warm (mid 40s F temperatures) and rainy day.

There is not much going on out there right now!
























Inside the house things are looking a bit sad, too. All the Christmas stuff is put away. I still have out some winter decorations, but I haven't rearranged anything yet to fill in the gaps where the Christmas things were, so things feel half-done. I need to get to work on that.

4 comments:

KarenV said...

I like your yard photo idea! I want to take more photos this year, to chronicle the year a bit more, rather than everything being stitching-related ;)

Tricia said...

A monthly photo-documentary of your yard is a great idea!

I had to undecorate our tree today - we're getting a new dishwasher installed and I was concerned that the tree would be in the way of wrestling the box into the house. But I can also claim that I was following the Spanish tradition of leaving it decorated for Three Kings Day :^)

nwhiker said...

Such a good idea! I wanted to take photos from my window of my yard and the lake every day this year, but forgot yesterday. Wow, that was fast. Heh.

I'll be looking forward to your photos.

Glenda said...

January's a rough month for taking yard pictures - everything's brown and bare. I love when the first signs of Spring start appearing =). What a fun photography project; can't wait til everything starts growing!!