Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feb. 1 Yard: The Calm Before the Storm

We have a blizzard warning. I took these first-of-the-month yard photos about six hours before the storm started. The flakes started coming down right as it got dark this evening.


Normally my walkway is cleared, but we had an inch or so of snow last night (a pre-blizzard snowfall), and I figured with 6 or 8 or 10 or 12 or 15 inches of snow on the way (predictions have been varying), I wouldn't bother to shovel until it's all done.
My January 1 photos weren't all that exciting, because it seemed like nothing was going on in the yard, but when there is snow on the ground, we have proof of activity:


Rabbit tracks!









We shall see what this storm brings.


3 comments:

Glenda said...

Rabbit tracks!!! Too cute.

Tricia said...

did you see the rabbit? i'm thinking those are squirrel tracks, but it's hard to tell... or maybe I'm just projecting, since all we ever have in our yard are squirrel tracks!

besomom said...

I didn't see the rabbit. They are probably squirrel tracks. I just like to think about bunnies hopping around. There are a ton of rabbits around here, although I've also heard there have been coyote sightings, so who knows!