Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1 Yard: More of the Same, Unfortunately

Those of you who live in warmer climates can now officially feel sorry for me, because we are still covered with snow over here. If it still looks like this on April 1, I think I will cry.







Usually we have one or two very warm days in March (temps in the 70s F), and that is when I go outside and clip back all the dead stuff I didn't cut back in the fall.



I hope we get those days soon!



The snow from February had actually almost all melted just before we went to Florida, but while we were in Florida, home was dumped on again with almost 10 inches of snow. Luckily I had had the foresight to hire a snow removal service just for the week we were gone. We only had to pay them if they ended up having to remove snow, so it was risk-free. I think they had to come twice!




















I do like snow, and I like cozy clothes and my down parka and my fur-lined boots, but I am ready for winter to be done now. I hope the yard looks more springy for my April 1 photos!







3 comments:

Lynn said...

Yeah, I'm getting kind of sick of it. This last snowfall sent me over the edge. We didn't have a southern warm weather break this year either.
Guh.

Glenda said...

Come visit me in Texas, Tracy! Our daytime temps have been between mid-70's and high-80's. I am not complaining because I am totally a shorts kind of gal!! You know you'll be having lovely weather about the time we're sweating our rumps off down here ;-). Hoping that snow is totally gone long before your April 1st pic.

Tricia said...

I have a series of "nature's april fool" pictures of a crocus or siberian iris peeking out through snow...