Thursday, May 26, 2011

Feels Like December

It feels like Christmas around here, and for once I am not talking about the weather! (By the way, I do apologize that the weather has been such a focus with my posts lately, but this spring has seriously been so disappointing!)

No, it feels like December because I have so much to do! I am working on stitching two baby gifts, which I hope to share here soon, and I am also baking up an absolute storm. So many school events this time of year need baked goods. This past week I made Lemon Bars, Blueberry Crumb Bars, Peppermint Brownies, Arctic Fudge Bars, and Oatmeal Carmelitas. My children weep every time I pull something from the oven. "Why don't you ever make that for us?" they wail.

I am also getting my daughter ready for camp. I had to really search for the sleeping bags. My hunt found me crouched under the basement steps, hauling out large rubbermaid boxes filled with....maternity clothes? Baby blankets? Toddler clothes? Good gravy. I feel like I am forever hauling away things to thrift shops and charitable organizations, yet I still seem to have plenty to give away! Honestly, if you'd asked me about my maternity clothes, I would have told you I gave it all away years ago. I had no idea...

I was in the basement just before we had yet another torrential rain fall. My back yard flooded and then water seeped all over my basement. They say this is nice weather for ducks, and here is proof in my front yard this morning:


Ten minutes later I peeked outside to see if the ducks were still there and saw this instead:
We are a suburban wildlife refuge today!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I hear you. Enough with the rain already. B was in the basement with the shop vac sucking up water yesterday.

And yes. Let the baking begin! We are in the same boat.

Ha.