Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby Sweater

I've been cleaning house (again!) and went through all those mysterious giant rubbermaid containers that were under my basement stairs (mentioned in this post). I now have 6 large garbage bags full of clothes to donate, and I reduced my under-stair rubbermaid collection from 7 to 2.5! Yay for me.

One thing I found, which went back into storage rather than the garbage bag, was the sweater I knit during my first pregnancy. It was the first thing I ever knit, and one of the few knit things I've managed to complete. I'm still amazed I made this!

I used a variegated yarn in soft blues, greens, and lavenders. I was expecting the effect to be stripey rather than splotchy, but I still liked how it came out. I didn't know I was having a boy, and I figured blues would be better than pinks regardless of gender. Both my son and daughter wore this sweater as wee ones.
As evidenced by the spit-up stain on the front.
Seems so long ago, but not really.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm impressed! I still have trouble knitting anything that isn't flat.

besomom said...

Kathy, this is the most complicated thing I ever knit, and it seems to have been a complete fluke!