Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Embroidery for a baby

My husband's cousin had a baby girl recently, so I made this little embroidery to send along. The pattern is from Bumpkin. I used her recommended colors because I thought they were so sweet and perfect.
My original intention was to make this into a little wall quilt, and I could see it so perfectly in my mind, but once I finished embroidering this it languished untouched for weeks because I never felt like making the quilt! Just one of those mood things, I guess. Finally I decided to finish it in a hoop, and I think it's adorable this way.


3 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Oh, that is adorable! What a sweet little gift. Well done. :)

besomom said...

Thanks, Julie!

Tricia said...

Very cute!

I did a cross-stitch wall hanging for my first niece. They still have it. (None of the subsequent niephlings got anything hand-made from me, though...)