Thursday, October 6, 2011

We are family

My latest cross stitch! I saw a custom family cross stitch design posted on Feeling Stitchy, and that old I-must-stitch-now feeling swept over me. I think this is adorable and hilarious at the same time. I look pretty good in cross-stitch (love my hair!), but my husband is way better looking in person than his cross-stitch counter part.

The pattern is a custom design from weelittlestitches. They have patterns for characters from many movies and TV shows (Star Wars, Big Bang Theory, Harry Potter...). I had to restrain myself! I sent them a photo of us, and within two days they sent me the custom chart. They were easy to work with, and I love the end result. If you're not a stitcher, I believe they offer an option to stitch your design for you (on the custom orders, anyway, maybe not on the character designs).

I had to get this done now before my son is taller than I am!

Our full name is stitched on the design, but I covered it for privacy.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

I squealed when I clicked over and saw all the cool pixel people patterns they have. Must. Restrain. Myself. ;-)

I think it would be fun to use some of the known characters and translate them to a family "portrait".

T's Daily Treasures said...

Very cute! I haven't cross-stitched much in a while. I need to get back into it again. Hope your day is great. Tammy

Julie Smith said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! I love all of the personal little details!