Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oct. 1 Yard and Nov. 1 Yard--a few surprises

I took photos of the yard on Oct. 1 and Nov. 1 to continue my 2011 project of first-of-the-month-photos-of-the-yard series. I just didn't get around to posting them until now. The yard is a little messy, and it's kind of embarrassing. Oh, well, it is what it is, and I am determined to finish my photo catalog this year.

Here is Oct. 1:
Russian Sage and cosmos still blooming away:
ornamental grass looking more autumnal:
mums on the porch:
surprise asters blooming along the fence:
deck garden completely done for the year:
back fence looking neglected:
fairy door!
And Nov. 1:
Russian Sage finishing up. It gets trimmed back in the spring:
Fothergilla turning red, cosmos still blooming:
Ornamental grass a nice golden color:


Leftover jack-o-lanterns from the night before (the top one a victim of a squirrel):


Oh, look! I did clean up the deck garden! All the dead coneflowers have been cleared out:
Surprise rose:
And the weigela put out a few surprise blooms, too:

No comments: