Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Folk Sampler

My friend Lynn is going to recognize this quilt right away. When I saw her version of this many years ago, I rushed to get the pattern and make one of my own. I can't remember how long ago that was now. It's been awhile!

The pattern is Folk Sampler, by Cordie Gary, and I see that it's still available here. The original pattern has 12 folk motifs, and they are all lovely, but I knew 12 would be far too many for me to tackle, so I selected four.
I knew I wanted the rabbit for certain. He was my first choice. He's the least colorful of the lot, but he's just so sweet.


This is a seasonal decoration in my house, perfect for winter time, but a bit too dark and heavy for spring and summer. We will enjoy it for a few more weeks before it gets packed away again.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Yes, I noticed on flickr. I loved making that sampler. That was a LONG time ago....
Yours looks great.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love it. Beautiful work.

So, winter is going to be over in your neck of the woods in a few weeks? I feel like it just started here in Iowa.

Tina

besomom said...

Winter just started here, too, but in February I put away the winter stuff and get out the Valentine's things and start thinking about warmer days (which are probably not coming until June, given the weird weather here these days!).

besomom said...

Oh, and thank you!!

Julie Smith said...

Absolutely, positively darling. I love folksy crafts and this is perfect!