Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentines

February! Time to sprinkle the house with hearts!


I love the Sweethearts-as-photo-frames more than I can say. I blogged about those a few years ago, if you want to read how to make them (it's really easy!). My children are 9 and 6 in those photos. Now that they are 14 and 11, it might be time to make another set.

I saw this paper chandelier at Pottery Barn Kids:
It made my heart beat fast, but that little voice in my head said "you can make one of those." I did give it a try, using an embroidery hoop, yarn, cotton baker's twine, and vellum paper hearts.

The result was underwhelming:
So disappointing! When Pottery Barn Kids put theirs on clearance, I snapped one up, because I needed cheerful dancing hearts floating in my family room.

My children are past the age of passing out Valentines at school, so we don't have anything to do on that front (sniffle), but I am making preparations for things for them here at home. I've already molded some chocolate candy hearts for them. The rest of my inspiration has come from Pinterest.

I planned to make them this popcorn treat , but now my daughter is getting her braces tomorrow, so she can't have popcorn. I think I'll still make it for my son, and just give her the M&Ms!

I am also doing an embroidered version of the alphabet card featured here for my husband. I haven't had much time to work on it, but hopefully I can make some headway while I sit in the waiting room at the orthodontist's office tomorrow.

I'd also like to try to make this crocheted heart, and send it to my mom if it turns out cute.

I am running out of time for all of this! I'd better get to it.

2 comments:

Isabelle said...

Oh, how tempted I am by the heart mobile...

m. said...

The crocheted Swedish heart (from the previous post) is so sweet. I really love the collection of hearts on the white branches, too. And I love, love, love the heart mobile! I am jealous of how well you acknowledge the holidays, Besomom!