Wednesday, May 2, 2012

For My Friend heart

 Ah, Blogger, how you frustrate me.  I uploaded my photos for this post, expecting them to be in the order reverse of how they are actually appearing.  I don't feel like spending time trying to figure out how to fix it, so just start at the bottom and scroll up for the effect I was hoping to achieve.

I stitched up this little heart this week and am very pleased with it.  It's from the For My Friend booklet by Blackbird Designs.  It's supposed to be a pincushion, but I stuffed it with poly-fil instead of crushed walnuts and added a thread hanger.  This will soon be on its way to a friend in Alabama who is undergoing breast cancer treatments.  I don't think she reads this blog, but if she does happen to see this, well, surprise!  Watch for it in your mailbox!


 Here it is, after stitching was completed, but before I made it into an ornament:
I do hope it spreads a little cheer.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

What a sweet gesture. :) Your stitching is beautiful.

Glenda said...

What a sweet gift with which to surprise your friend =). It's a lovely design, beautifully stitched.

besomom said...

Aw, thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she'll appreciate it. I've got some work to do too, hopefully this weekend! (This is Leila. Blogger hates me).