Saturday, June 30, 2012

Photos, and a bag

I made this tote bag following the tutorial on Purl Bee.  It took me longer than 40 minutes, which was not a surprise to me, but it still went together pretty quickly, and with good results.  My daughter wants me to make one for her now with fabric of her choosing.  We shall go to the fabric store and see what strikes her fancy.

I finished my 365 photo project yesterday!  A leap day was included, though, so it turned out to be a 366 project.  My photo set on Flickr has over 400 photos, because some days I couldn't choose just one photo to represent the day.  Sadly, I missed one day in July, and 4 or 5 days in September, so the project covers June 23, 2011 to June 29, 2012.  I'm going to continue the project so that I have a photo a day for all of 2012.

I started the photo chronicle because I knew it would be a transition year for my family.  This past year was indeed a year of changes.  My son completed his first year of high school, my daughter her first year of middle school.  I started working (albeit very infrequently, which is perfect for me!).  My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  Time does indeed march along.  I look at my son and feel astounded that he has only 3 years of school left before college.  How is that possible?  The reminiscent teenager inside of me knows that, for him, these next three years will be a veritable lifetime, but the mama in me is all too aware of how fast that time will rush by for his parents.

1 comment:

wrenandstitchy said...

Yay for you, Tracy, for getting so many photos taken for the 365 photo project!! I want to make a point to look thru your Flickr set because I know I've missed photos when I've not logged onto Flickr for several days or a week.

My teen turns 14 this month and I, too, am very aware of how quickly these next several years will pass. I'm still having moments of not believing my stepson is already 25 . . .

Glenda