Thursday, July 19, 2012

Belt Buckles

We are in the middle of a summer-long basement project, and we're uncovering all kinds of fun things down there as we sort through our belongings.  We're getting rid of a lot of stuff, but some things you just have to hang on to, like my husband's 1970s belt buckle collection.



From The Henry Ford Museum:
Anheuser Busch (I suspect his Missouri relatives gave him this one):
7 Up (an American soft drink, not sure if it's available elsewhere in the world):
University of Michigan:
And a Union Army belt buckle (a replica, I'm sure!):
I hate cleaning out the basement, but finds like these make for moments of fun.

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My husband collected belt buckles at one point. I started trying to do some sorting yesterday. Ugh! Why is it whenever you arrange one section, you find that 25% of the stuff no longer fits? Good luck going through your basement. :) Tammy

Isabelle said...

Just be happy you have a basement -more or less unknown things in Britain. On the other hand, I can see that it would tempt one to hoard stuff...

Weren't you a cute wee girl?

Tricia said...

I didn't realize people outside the southwest US collected big ol' belt buckles! :^)