Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Decorations

I walked around my house and took pictures of the Halloween decorations I haven't showcased here before.  Some of these are old toys that my children don't play with anymore, so they've been appropriated for holiday decorating!  


 My daughter made the tree tile in 5th grade art class a few years ago.  I crocheted the pumpkin.
 The pattern for the Boo cross stitch was a freebie from here.
The plastic pumpkins in the photo above are from the bottles of Pumpkin Juice we bought at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

The little white bowl with the hearts in the two photos below is from Julie Smith's etsy shop.  It's not Halloween or fall themed, but it's so cute I leave it out year round.  The children and I made the salt dough ghosts six years ago following these instructions, and the little pointy things are soft trees I made with Halloween fabric.

And finally, a Lego jack-o-lantern.  I miss the Lego days so much.  I thought my son would play with them forever.
If you'd like to see my older posts about Halloween crafts, books, recipes, and decorations, click on the Halloween label on the right hand side of my home page.

3 comments:

wrenandstitchy said...

I love that you use toys that are no longer played with! Buzz, Woody, and Jessie would approve =).

The tree tile is very cool.

I miss the Pokemon action figure days, so I can relate to what you're saying about the Legos.

Glenda

wrenandstitchy said...

I love that you use toys that are no longer played with! Buzz, Woody, and Jessie would approve =).

The tree tile is very cool.

I miss the Pokemon action figure days, so I can relate to what you're saying about the Legos.

Glenda

Lynn said...

I miss the lego days too. Miss P doesn't play with them like her brothers did.

I love the tree tile.