Wednesday, January 2, 2013

End of year finishes

Now that Christmas is over and gifts have been given, I can share some photos.

For my daughter: Harry, Ron, and Hermione.  Pattern by Weelittlestiches.

She loved it!

New babies mean new dollies in pockets.  These are so fun and satisfying to make.  This one went to the baby sister of the girl who received this dolly in a pocket.

And of course I had to make one for my great niece:

Doll embroidery patterns by Annie Oakleaves.  Pillow pattern by Crafty Carnival.

Finally, I managed to complete two of these on December 23, one for myself, one for my friend:
The pattern is available free here.  I did mine without the beading.

I also completed my 2012 year-in-pictures on Flickr.  Yay!  I actually began a 365 project in June 2011, and when I completed that in June of 2012 I decided to keep on going to complete the year of 2012, so that explains why the photos are numbered the way they are in my set. I will do a YIP for 2013, but I'm not going to worry about taking a photo every day.  I have to admit, it's been kind of nice not worrying about my pic-of-the day these past two days!

I did get a fancy new camera for Christmas, but I haven't spent much time with it yet.  My husband had the week between Christmas and New Year off, so we've either been driving all over the state visiting relatives, or we've been working on house projects, or we've been watching movies (something he never does, but he wanted to watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy at home before going to see The Hobbit in the theater, and those four movies right there was nearly 12 hours of viewing).  Now I am putting my energy into storing away all the Christmas decorations, but soon, soon, I will acquaint myself with the camera.  Something new to learn for the new year!  I like to keep challenging myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stitchy gifts =). I love WeeLittleStitches' patterns.

Have fun with your new camera!! My hubby has his eye on a fancy schmancy new lens for his camera ;-).

Glenda