Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Knitting Finish



I finished my scarf/shawlette!  The pattern is this one (painted stripes shawlette) on Ravelry.  I used a variegated yarn for mine, and knit it on size 8 needles.  I used 2 skeins of yarn, each 210 yards (100 grams), for a total of 420 yards.  If I make another, I will use bigger needles for a looser knit, even though I am very happy with how this came out, and I LOVE the colors and the softness of this yarn.

This was the perfect on-the-go project.  Nothing to count or measure, just knit knit knit knit with an increase at the end of each row until you get to the right size, or to the end of your yarn, which is what happened to me.  It's a little too small to be a practical shawl, but it's great as a scarf!

Yarn used: Malabrigo Rios in the color Lotus (120). So soft and yummy!  I did crochet a single-crochet edge on the slanted sides of the shawl for a neater finish, but it would have been fine without, too.




No comments: