Monday, March 4, 2013

Sampler Finishes

I have two finished samplers to show for my winter's stitching.  Both are patterns by Alicia Paulson, and both are patterns I've wanted to stitch for quite some time.  

The Eyelet Sampler, from Alicia's book Embroidery Companion, has been on my want-to-do list for a couple of years, but I always had some other project with a deadline demanding my attention, so I kept putting it off.    I am so happy to have it finished now, and I'm thinking about where it will go in my home.  Displaying this may require a new nail hole, which will make my husband grumpy. 

Eyelet Sampler


The Winterwoods Sampler was released last year, and is available from her website here.  I wanted to stitch this in the winter months when it's cold out and the sky turns to that winter twilight blue color even before dinner.  This will hang seasonally, so I won't display it until next winter.  It won't require a new nail hole, much to everyone's relief.
Winterwoods Sampler

Both patterns feature that adorable bunny!  Love him.

I am working on a knitting project and a crochet project, but I always feel a bit lost if I don't have cross stitch in progress at all times.  I looked through my patterns today and felt overwhelmed by my choices.  So many patterns!  I really MUST stop buying patterns until I make a dent in this backlog.

A note about these less than stellar photos:  I am still using my blurry point-and-shoot, supplemented by my phone camera, because I haven't yet taken the time to figure out the fancy-pants camera my husband gave me for Christmas.  Every time I sit down with it I feel overwhelmed.  Combine that with the winter blahs, lack of good subjects to photo inside, and no desire to take the camera outside in this bleak winter weather, and you have me with my camera guilt growing by the minute.  

No comments: