Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blackwork

Stitched as a going-away present for my daughter's violin teacher, who is moving out of state in June after being my daughter's teacher for the past five years.  We will miss her!

The design measures about 3 inches by 3 inches.  I plan to frame it in a simple black frame with no matting.  The pattern is from Beginner's Guide to Blackwork, by Lesley Wilkins, which seems to have gone out of print since I bought it less than two years ago and skyrocketed in price.  Good heavens.  I am almost embarrassed to link to it.


2 comments:

Tammy said...

So beautiful! I'm not sure my eyes could handle it though. I have a friend working on 18 count fabric at the moment. Yikes! I did some things on linen years ago, in my 20's, when I didn't need to wear readers. :) 14 count was always my favorite aida. Now I work on 8 count with yarn. Ha! I'm sure this stitched gift will be much appreciated. Which reminds me of ones I wanted to do for our music teachers who are leaving. I need to search for the patterns. Have a great day. Tammy

Isabelle said...

That's lovely! My mother-in-law used to do blackwork (if that's what you call it).

Happy blog birthday! I love your bunny egg cosy.