Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

Last year we were out of town for Easter, so we weren't able to do any of our homey Easter celebrations.  This year, we made up for it!

On Friday, I made Hot Cross Buns:


On Saturday, my daughter dyed eggs:


On Easter morning, we had bread pudding with chocolate chips and blueberry sauce:




I follow these guidelines to make the bread pudding, and this is how I make the blueberry sauce:


Blueberry Sauce

2 cups blueberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and some of the berries have burst.

Nothing like starting the day with chocolate!

The children are home this week for spring break.  It's sunny, but cold, with a promise to warm up for the last half of the week.  I hope so!  My daughter's birthday is tomorrow.  We don't have anything extravagant planned, not like last year!  And on Friday we are taking my son on his first college tour.  He's not very enthusiastic about it.

No comments: