Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My next project

This is a photo of the kit, not the stitched piece itself


 I bought this kit a long time ago and never got around to stitching it.  The time has come!  It suits my mood right now for something traditional and basic, using DMC and regular old Aida.  I love the colors in this one.  My only issue is how I will finish Santa's mustache and beard.  The instructions call for gluing on those loops.  I'm not going to do that!

My kids are too old for this to excite them.  Either I will stitch it and save it for grandkids, or I will give it to my niece, who does have a little one who will be excited by Santa.

This is not my only project right now.  I have a crochet scarf I need to finish, another I'd like to start, and I have my eye on two knitting projects.  Oh, for more hours in the day!

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Looks like a fun kit =). For the beard & 'stache, french knots would be awesome....if they don't provide so much texture that they'd be the focal point, that is.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yep, definitely not enough hours. That is a gorgeous stitching! Haven't done anything that big in forever. Haven't cross-stitched in a while either. Crochet just seems to be so much easier. Just grab a ball of yarn and hook away. :) Have a great week. Tammy