Thursday, December 5, 2013

December stitching

I finished stitching December Word Play by With Thy Needle and Thread.



This appeals to me on so many levels.  I love the muted colors, the happy words, the rustic Santa with his oversized candy cane.  Cute!  I am going to finish it into a pillow that can be propped up on a shelf.  This would be adorable framed, too, but I don't have enough nails already pounded into the walls to accommodate more framed holiday cross stitch.

As I was rummaging around in my bag of cross stitch WIPs, I uncovered this kit, which I bought a few weeks ago and had already sort of forgotten about.  Blame holiday hysteria on my memory problem!


Now I HAVE to stitch one of these ornaments.  The fabric is already made into an ornament, so once the stitching is done, it's done!  No finishing is required:


The only trouble I see with this is that the fabric backing on the aida might prove cumbersome.  I cross stitch with a stabbing motion of the needle, but I will have to use a quilting or embroidery motion where the needle is always in front of the fabric for this project.


1 comment:

Neighborhood Watch said...

These are really lovely samplers (in both your last posts). I like your knitting too. I am just returning to knitting after a loooong time away from it. I found your scarf inspiring.