Enough fretting! Part of what scared me in the finishing instructions was sewing in a fleece lining, so I finally decided to use iron-on interfacing instead. Simple and easy! Once I started it, the final finishing took me less than an hour.
I don't think I've ever showcased the back. I finished stitching the alphabet side in 2007, but I didn't finish the back until 2011 (as noted by the 11).
The pattern and finishing instructions are available here, if you'd like to make your own. Just don't wait 6 years to finish it!!
And since today is Valentine's Day, I baked some shortbread hearts!
Hope you all enjoy your Valentine's Day.