Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Finish: Tipsy Rib Scarf


I managed to successfully recover from the knitting disaster.  Whew! I had to rip out a lot of rows. I was worried I wouldn't be able to figure out what row I needed to restart with, because knitting boggles me like that, but after a couple of false starts, I was on my way.  I tell myself that recovering from mistakes only gives me more experience and makes me a better knitter.  Right?

I LOVE the yarn I used!  Malabrigo Arroyo in the color Azules.  It's so soft and cuddly, and the varying shades of blues and the hint of purple give it a nice dimension.

The pattern is free and can be found here. (Edited: I've just been notified this link is dead.  Pattern is also free on Ravelry here.)

Looks like we still have plenty of winter left, so I should get lots of use out of this in the next couple of months.  Um, yay, I think?

For my next knitting project, I am going to attempt to make a striped toddler-sized hat for my great niece.  Wish me luck!

P.S. I set the photo to appear as "large".  If it is too big that you only see part of it on your screen, please let me know.


2 comments:

Isabelle said...

It looks quite normal on my screen. Lovely scarf! I particularly love your snowman pitcher (or as we'd call it, jug).

Isabelle said...

Meant to say - thanks for the reading suggestions. I shall investigate.