Thursday, September 11, 2014

Skillet Cookie



WHOOOOSH!

That sums up summer.

The kids are back in school and are both in high school now, a senior and a freshman.  They were in elementary school when I started blogging.  Life does march along, doesn't it?  (See WHOOOOSH! above.)

Our summer was similar to years past, but differences are creeping in as the children age.  I'll talk more about that in a future post or two.

For now, I am happy to have discovered skillet chocolate chip cookies.  I saw one in my Instagram feed and had to make one.  I tried Martha Stewart's recipe--easy and delicious!  I did have to bake it for 5 minutes longer than the maximum time suggested; your oven may vary.  I most often make scrambled eggs in the cast iron skillet, so my children wondered if the cookie would taste like eggs.  It didn't, but now we are hoping that our next batch of eggs will taste like cookies!


3 comments:

Neighborhood Watch said...

A big cookie was my son's "birthday cake" request for years. I was never able to work out how to make one. I will have to try this to surprise him--not even for his birthday now, but for a "just because" day. Thanks!

steph said...

my daughter is going to go crazy over this one!!!!

Glenda said...

Whew, what a marker for measuring how long you've been blogging!!

Let me know if you get around to trying a pineapple upside down cake in your cast iron skillet =). I had one made that way 12 or 13 years ago and ever since then pineapple upside down cake made in a cake pan has paled in comparison!